Friday, September 7, 2012

Yosemite Valley

Blake and I are happy to finally be off the road and into a place of our own. We are now both employed with DNC Yosemite, and two of the very last three people hired for the season. As you may have heard, there is a hantavirus outbreak going on here, so things have been a little slower than usual. I'm not worried about it, even though we live in the epicenter of the outbreak, Curry Village in one of the tent cabins (although not insulated, which seems to be the source of the mice).

We've been enjoying a first few days off with a little bit of paid training, and today we took a swim here


which is basically right in our back yard. Also, it's very cold! (but felt great in the hot sun).

I'm looking forward to keeping this blog updated frequently now that we are out adventuring, but with work and no internet in our tent, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. There are certainly a lot of interesting creatures and plants in the area that we come into frequent contact with, and perhaps some other prospective employees will be interested in the hiring and work process, which I'll post more about later. However, right now I am pretty sleepy, so I'm going to cut this short as a teaser ;-)
Good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment